Saturday, April 25, 2009

Journal of a Writers' Conference

I've been over at my friend, Lori Benton's, blog, Kindred. I read her blog often, as I love the way she writes. But it's been especially fun because she journaled during her first time at the Mount Hermon Writers' Conference a few weeks ago! I've been going so long, and always as a teacher/editor, it was great to read about it from a newbie writer's POV. Lori's a marvelous writer and you feel as though you're right there with her. So go check it out. (One warning, the days are out of sequence for some reason, but it's not hard to figure it out. So give it a try!)

Her conference journal begins on April 10, so you'll need to start on that entry.

Bonus: great pix of the Mount Hermon grounds--especially the flowering cherry!

Have a great weekend.

Karen

2 comments:

Lori Benton said...

Hey, thanks for pointing out my wee blog. I had such fun at the conference. And was challenged. Entertained. Blessed. Encouraged. And lets not forget well-fed. :)

But how did my days get out of sequence? LOL! Actually, they aren't, or they shouldn't be. I blogged two days per post, and labeled the headers Part 1, 2, 3, 4 to help with that. In the archive (Previously On) section, they are listed. Over on the right and down a bit.

I blame any confusion on blogger. :)

Karen B. said...

Yes, I saw the labels, but somehow they did post out of sequence. At least, when I read them they were. I had to jump back and forth to read the posts in order.

Maybe it's just me!

K