Thursday, September 11, 2008

An Airport Oasis

If you travel a lot, as I do, you long for peace in the midst of the chaos. Travel today, regardless of the mode, is way too stressful. By the time you reach a destination, you can be so exhausted it's hard to appreciate that you're FINALLY off the plane or out of the car or off the train. So I'm always looking for ways to relax in transit. And boy howdy, did I find a great one!

I fly through the Denver aiport a lot. During one especially long layover there, God gave me a gift. He nudged me to wander to the upper level of concourse B, where I happened upon a wonderful photographer's gallery called Images of Nature. The artist, Thomas Mengelsen (www.mangelsen.com--tried to make this a link but blogger isn't cooperating!) is a nature photographer, and just walking into his gallery makes you feel as though you've left the hectic and frustrating world of commercial flights behind and have found an oasis of beauty and rest. The staff there are warm and welcoming, and don't mind at all if you've just come in to sit in one of the comfy chairs and soak in the beauty of Mangelsen's work.

So if you're ever in the Denver airport, give yourself a real treat and visit Images of Nature. And to whet your appetite, here are a few samples of his work.


May beauty surround you today.

Karen

1 comment:

Tracy Ruckman said...

Gorgeous!

I discovered a similar gallery in the Boise, Idaho airport last year. I can't remember the artist's name, but beautiful work!