Monday, June 23, 2008

The Beauty of Words

Okay, if you're a writer, a reader, an editor, or just someone who appreciates words and beauty, you've got to check out this cool site. It takes your words, whatever you type in, and creates these amazing Word Clouds.

I typed in my life verse:

"Slowly, steadily, surely the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, do not despair, for these things will surely come to pass. Just be patient! They will not be overdue a single day!" Habakkuk 2:3

and it made this beautiful picture (click on the picture itself to see it larger)


and this one...

and another!

After doing my life verse, I tried typing in a bio. Then I just typed in a bunch of words from my bio, uppercasing the works I wanted to stand out. Here's what I came up with:

and

You can change layout and colors and font, and tell it how many words to put in. If you repeat a word several times, it makes that word larger than the others, so you can put emphasis where you want it. Fun!

So give it a try and celebrate the beauty of words!

Karen

2 comments:

Rel said...

Hey! I did this on my blog a couple of days ago. Typed in 40 of my favourite books for people to guess. Was fun :)

I finally sent my Shade review to John Olson. Am really keen to see where he takes his books! B&H are doing a fine job!

Karen B. said...

Thanks so much, Rel. John is such a great guy--and a wonderful author. Once readers find him, they're gonna love him!

Peace to you.

Karen