Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Open Your Eyes

When's the last time you stopped and looked around you--really looked--at the beauty nature has ready and waiting for you? I was sitting in a hotel in the Seattle area not long ago, sipping my morning coffee, mind occupied with what I was going to say at the workshop I was teaching that day at a writer's conference. I glanced out the window, not really focusing, but a splash of vibrant color just reached out and grabbed me. I focused in on the flowers bobbing in the wind and rain--hey, it was Seattle--and discovered an entire ballet taking place. Huge, full tulips danced atop slender green stems, bowing and rising, tapping one another and backing away, all perfectly in step with each other and the weather.

It was beautiful.

I set down my coffee--a miracle, that, considering it was my first cup of the morning--and made a beeline for my room. And my camera. By the time I got back downstairs, the rain had passed, so I went out and shot the following to share with you.

Hope you enjoy them as much as I did. And that you open your eyes to whatever beauty there is around you today.

Peace, friends.

Karen

No comments: